Medical Cannabis Treatment
Southwick Integrative Healing is a Qualified Medical Provider for recommendation of Medical Cannabis (medical marijuana) for qualifying patient treatment
Individuals with the following conditions (26-61A-104) are authorized under the Utah Medical Cannabis Act to receive a medical cannabis patient card:
- HIV or acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Persistent nausea that is not significantly responsive to traditional treatment except for nausea related to: pregnancy, cannabis-induced cyclical vomiting syndrome, or CBD hyperemesis syndrome
- Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Epilepsy or debilitating seizures
- Multiple sclerosis or debilitating muscle spasms
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that is being treated and monitored by a mental health therapist and that: has been diagnosed by a health care provider or mental health provider by the VA and documented in the patient’s record; or has been diagnosed or confirmed by evaluation by a psychiatrist, master’s level degree psychologist, a master’s level degree licensed clinical social worker, or a psych APRN
- Terminal illness when the patient’s remaining life expectancy is less than 6 months
- Condition resulting in the individual receiving hospice care
- Rare condition or disease that affects less than 200,000 individuals in the U.S., as defined in federal law and this is not adequately managed despite treatment attempts using conventional medications (other than opioids or opiates) or physical interventions
- Pain lasting longer than two weeks that is not adequately managed, in the qualified medical provider’s opinion, despite treatment attempts using conventional medications other than opioids or opiates or physical interventions9
- If a patient does not have a qualifying condition specifically named in the law, they may petition the Compassionate Use Board (CUB) for approval of their medical cannabis card. CUB meetings are closed to the public, applicants, and medical providers.
HOW OFTEN WILL PATIENTS NEED TO BE SEEN?
A medical cannabis card is valid for 90 days for the first issuance. We will see patient's every 90 days to monitor treatment and recommendation.